Blog Categories

Morocco Advice

//Morocco Advice
Morocco Advice 2017-09-27T10:27:14+00:00


If you enter Morocco with a motorcycle all details ‘i.e. registration, chassis, engine size make and model’ will have-to be recorded before you enter morocco. If you’re not in possession of the same vehicle when leaving Morocco, you’ll be refused exit and detained. You’ll will also need to provide evidence of adequate motorcycle insurance before entering morocco. You should always carry your personal passport and motorcycle insurance to cover you to ride your motorcycle plus all other motorcycle documents, to apply for temporary import for your Motorcycle, you will need to complete a form called “D16TER” we offer this service for FREE at no cost to you when making a reservation for a tour with us to Morocco

You are allowed to temporarily import a car, 4WD, motorhome or motorcycle into Morocco for up to six months per calendar year. Commercial vehicles are limited to three months.

Age limits
Motorcycles up to 50cc – 16 years. 
Motorcycles Over 50cc – 18 years.
No one is allowed to drive on a provisional licence.

Your Documents

  1. You must carry your documents with you when you travel in Europe.
  2. A valid full driving licence, with paper counterpart if you have a photo card licence.
  3. An International Driving Permit (when necessary) Morocco does not require this by law.
  4. The original vehicle registration document.
  5. Your motor insurance certificate.
  6. Your passport.

You must carrying the correct documents this will help to identify you and your vehicle and your rights should you be stopped by the police or local authorities.

Speed limits
Please Obey the local and national speed limits

GB Registration Number Plates (Sticker’s)
Must be displayed on your motorcycle. Failure to comply with this regulation could result in an on-the-spot fine.

Motorcycle Headlights
It is a requirement to adjust your headlights if you’re driving on the Continent so that the full beam doesn’t dazzle oncoming drivers. In many countries it is a requirement to ride day and night on dipped beam. Please Note on the that some motorcycle are fitted with a led headlamp like the BMW R1200 GS/GSA 2013 onwards, these have a daytime horseshoe light please switch this off while riding in France you could be fined on the spot by the local and french autorities..

Depending on your bike, adjusting your headlights could be as simple as stickers or a bit of tape, however it may require a converter. Remember to remove the converters/stickers as soon as you return to the UK. You must carry a complete set of replacement bulbs for your lights.

First Aid Kit
Whilst not compulsory in most European countries it is recommended you take a small first aid kit – you can buy these to fit under your seat or tuck away in a small pocket of your luggage.

Motorcycle Safety Helmets
Compulsory for both driver and passenger.

Speed Limits

Unless otherwise signposted. In built up areas 31mph (50km/h), other areas 55mph (90k/h). Urban motorways and dual carriageways 80mph (130km/h). Minimum speed limit on motorways is 49mph (80km/h) EU driving licence holders exceeding the speed limit by more than 40km/h will have their licences confiscated on the spot if caught. Speed limits are mostly marked in kilometers. 1 mile = 1.609344 kilometres

On the spot fines are high, get an official receipt. Vehicles parked against regulations may be impounded.

No leaded petrol (only replacement lead petrol) available.

Motorcycle Insurance

3rd party compulsory.

Only one pillion passenger may be carried on motorcycles. All pillion passengers must be covered by insurance.