Yes Alaska has Motorcycle Insurance as Well
World Motorcycle Tours Ltd are not in anyway providing your motorcycle insurance cover for the period of hire, this is supplied by our hire company that we use in the United States any such claim is dealt with by there insurance company and is under US State Law and are bound by there terms & conditions.
INSURANCE DETAILS FOR RENTALS FROM USA CALIFORNIA TO CANADA AND USA ALASKA
Age Limit’s 21 to 75 Years, Special Arrangements for renters 18 to 20 years can be arrange
All Motorcycle Insurance Purchase are done and compiled at the Rental Company when you collect your motorcycle.
MOTORCYCLE RENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- 21 years of age or older
- 3 years riding experience on a same size motorcycle (negotiable)
- Valid motorcycle license and Passport (must be present at time of pick-up)
- $1,000 to $2,000 Rental Hire Deposit/s (Per Motocycle) damage deposit, Secured on a Credit Card (All BMW Motorcycles Carry a $2000 USD Security Deposit)
- The authorization is by default $2,000 USD but if you take out the Optional LDW at $15 extra per day making the total $30 per day (Around £290, 2016 Exchange Rate) it is reduced to $1,000 USD Deposit on your credit card.
WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR ON THE INSURANCE
- * Compulsory Mandatory standard insurance coverage $15 per day (for all BMW rentals)
- ** SLI (Supplemental Liability Insurance) $6.95 per day (Optional)
- *** LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) $15 per day (Optional)
* Mandatory Standard Insurance Compulsory Insurance: This is standard coverage which is compulsory for any BMW rental. The cost is $15 per riding day. This provides the state minimum liability coverage of $15,000 for each person, $30,000 bodily injury for each accident, and $5,000 property damage for each accident. In addition this also provides $500 medical coverage for the rider. With this basic insurance your deductible for damages to the motorcycle stand at $2500.
** (Optional) S.L.I. Supplemental Liability Insurance $6.95 per riding day, provides you with the following benefits: When you accept S.L.I. the policy may provide you with excess coverage for the difference between that provided in your rental agreement (minimum requirement is the state financial responsibility mandated by the applicable insurance jurisdiction) and $300,000. Property Damage limitation is $50,000 on any claim and this limit is included in the liability limit of $300,000. Policy limits are in excess of any/all valid and collectible underlying insurance. If there is any other valid and collectible insurance in effect (i.e. personal automobile liability coverage) then the available protection under the S.L.I. coverage would be reduced by the amount of the underlying insurance.
*** (Optional) LDW Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is $15 per riding day. When you purchase this agreement, you will be responsible for only the first $1,000 of the bike damages in case of a crash or theft. If you decline this option you are responsible for all of the damages. (Please note that the LDW does not cover personal property damage or bodily injury.) The renter must comply with the terms and conditions in the Rental Agreement. We recommend that you contact your motorcycle insurance carrier to see if you are covered for rental motorcycles.
TAXES AND FEES
All motorcycle rentals are subject to a local 9% Sales Tax (Rental Tax is Paid by World Motorcycle Tours Ltd)
Long Beach, California Sales Tax @ 9% (no tax on SLI or LDW)
ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPES
Credit Card – Visa or MasterCard only
PLEASE NOTE THAT (Debit Card are NOT accepted)
No refunds for early returns or late pick-up’s, no exceptions
All of the above statement is correct at the time of publication, World Motorcycle Tours Ltd are not responsible for any claims as your motorcycle hire and insurance are with the USA suppliers.